Is your MOT Bay feeling a bit tired? Could outdated MOT equipment or tools be hampering your efficiency, compliance and profit potential?
If that’s the case or you are just looking to upgrade your existing MOT equipment then our simple guide can help.
Upgrading your equipment can breathe new life into your garage, boost business, and keep you ahead of the competition. And in some instances, it’s a legal necessity.
Concept Garage Equipment specialises in MOT bay equipment and is your one-stop shop for a seamless upgrade of any garage or MOT Bay equipment you have or may need.
What do you need to consider before upgrading?
Understanding Regulations: The first step is ensuring you’re compliant with the latest DVSA requirements. We’ll guide you through equipment approvals and help you choose devices that meet current and even anticipate upcoming standards, future-proofing your investment.
Choosing the Right Fit: We offer a wide range of DVSA-approved equipment, from powerful 4 post lifts that optimise workflow to precision roller brake testers and headlight testers for accurate assessments. Need the latest emissions testers or essential tools like smoke meters and ADAS calibration equipment? We’ve got you covered.
Vehicle technology is changing. Many customers have manual Headlamp Beam Testers – we can supply you the latest HLA Equipment on the market.
Systems such as Advanced Driver-Assistance System (ADAS) and lane departure are becoming the norm. And as we slowly adopt hybrid and electric vehicles and, longer term, autonomous vehicles, the MOT test needs to keep pace.
Making the Numbers Work: We understand budget concerns. Our MOT equipment experts will help you calculate the ROI of new equipment, explore financing options tailored to your needs, and even point you towards potential grants and incentives to ease the investment.
Planning Your Upgrade: From considering garage layout for optimal equipment placement and usage to smooth installation processes, we’ll partner with you every step of the way. We can work with you to advise, design, layout, fit and complete all VT01 MOT paperwork for installing a new MOT Bay or for taking over an existing MOT business.
Training Yourself and Your Staff: From setting up a new MOT Bay and AEDM training that is required, we’ll partner with you every step of the way to ensure you and your staff training is done well and correctly as well as keeping it up to date, keeping your MOT Garage compliant whilst keeping your staff safe, and well educated.
Investing in Success: Upgrading your MOT bay isn’t just about compliance; it’s about boosting your bottom line. Modern equipment attracts new customers, improves efficiency, and enhances your reputation for quality service.
Upgrading to connected MOT equipment
The future of MOT testing is connected, and for some equipment it’s already a legal requirement:
- Roller Brake Testers (RBT) – *Connected from 1st October 2019
- Decelerometers – *Connected from 1st February 2020
- Diesel Smoke Meters – *Connected from Late spring 2020
- Exhaust Gas Analysers – *Connected from Late spring 2020
- Headlamp Beam Testers – We offer the latest Laser Headlamp Aligners
*You must have the above connected equipment, as opposed to the previous unconnected MOT equipment if you:
- Open a new MOT test centre
- Reopen a closed MOT centre (regardless of how long it’s been closed)
- Change of ownership of an MOT centre (where the MOT centre moves from one authorised examiner (AE) to another, even if this is a family member)
- Replace the current MOT equipment and connected alternatives are available and enforced, such as Roller Brake Testers (RBTs)
- Add an extra test lane including new MOT equipment
By upgrading to connected MOT equipment that communicates directly with the DVSA, you’ll experience a wave of benefits:
- Say goodbye to manual data entry: Eliminate manual keying errors and save valuable time with test results automatically transmitted.
- Enhanced accuracy and compliance: Connected equipment ensures data integrity and speed, boosting your reputation for fast reliable service.
- Streamlined workflow: Free your technicians from administrative tasks and let them focus on what they do best – delivering exceptional service to your customers.
- Future-proof your business: By investing in connected technology today, you’ll be prepared for upcoming DVSA regulations and stay ahead of the competition.
Concept Garage Equipment Advantage
Concept Garage Equipment offers a comprehensive range of connected MOT equipment, seamlessly integrating with your existing workflow and ensuring a smooth transition to the future of testing. Talk to our experts today and discover how connected equipment can revolutionise your MOT bay!
Our friendly team have years of first-hand experience in the MOT and Garage Equipment industry and can offer:
- Unmatched Expertise: Our team of specialists understands the unique needs of MOT garages and will guide you through the entire process.
- Quality Selection: We offer a diverse range of DVSA-approved equipment from leading brands, ensuring you find the perfect fit for your needs.
- Turnkey Solutions: From planning and installation to training and support, we’re with you every step of the way, making the upgrade journey stress-free.
Ready to modernise your MOT bay? Contact Concept Garage Equipment today for a free consultation and quote. We’ll help you rev up your garage for success!
Call us today on 0113 469 0572 for a complete MOT bay upgrade solution!
Connected MOT equipment FAQs
The original timeline for the connected MOT equipment rollout was as follows
- Roller Brake Testers (RBT) – Required to be connected from 1st October 2019
- Decelerometers – Required to be connected from 1st February 2020
- Diesel Smoke Meters – Required to be connected from Late spring 2020
- Exhaust Gas Analysers – Required to be connected from Late spring 2020
Future Equipment likely to be connected to DVSA for MOT:
- Headlamp Beam Testers
- On Board Diagnostics
- VIN, MIL, DTC …
This very much depends on your circumstances, and not all MOT garages will need to be upgraded.
However if you are opening a new MOT test centre, reopening a closed centre or taking over ownership of an MOT Bay from a previous owner (even if they are a family member), then you will need to ensure that the following MOT equipment is connected, or have it upgraded/replaced to make it compliant:
- Roller Brake Testers
- Exhaust Gas Analysers
- Diesel Smoke Meters
Also even if none of the above apply, if you plan to replace any of the above machines, or add an extra MOT test lane, then these machines will need to be DVSA compliant connected equipment.
If the equipment is still operating and the connectivity to DVSA is the issue, then you may continue to perform MOT tests and have 7 days to have the issue resolved and connectivity restored.
If however the equipment itself is not working, you must stop MOT testing immediately.
In either of these situations, call Concept Garage Equipment on 0113 469 0572, and we will have you up and running again as quickly as we can.